* Heart-shaped cookie cutter (sizes optional)
* Piece of white paper
* Glitter Glue or glitter paint
* Pencil or marker
* Scissors (optional)
A quick and easy craft for young children.
Place the cookie cutter on the paper and draw or help your child to trace the heart. You can draw as many hearts as you want and if you have various sizes of cookie cutters, you can mix and match.
If you want to highlight the border of the hearts, use a marker, otherwise use a pencil.
Have your child paint the inside of the hearts with the glitter glue or paint.
- leave the hearts on the paper and give as a gift or showcase as a Valentine Decoration
- cut out the hearts and use them to decorate a Valentine's Day card (you'll need small hearts for this or a larger piece of paper than 8 1/2 by 11 for the card)
- cut out the hearts and tape them to a door or window to create some festive decor
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.