* Black construction paper
* Googly Eyes
* Piece of yarn
* Crayons or Markers
* Party streamers (color optional)
* Stickers (optional)
This idea came from the Middlesex Borough Library and is a great way to get in the festive mood.
1. Draw a bat on the black construction paper (parents will need to do this for younger children). Use a template if desired.
2. Cut out the bat shape.
3. Let your child decorate the bat with markers or crayons. Stickers can be added if desired.
4. Glue on the eyes.
5. If you want, glue on as many streamers as desired.
6. Cut a small hole in the top of the bat and attach the yarn. Then hang and enjoy!
Sandra K. Lee is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom with a 8-year-old princess & a 4-year-old superhero in Middlesex County, New Jersey.