- Cone-shaped treat bags
- Hot chocolate mix
- Mini marshmallows
- A coffee mug
- Tape or rubber band
- Gift tag
- Plastic Gift bag or gift basket (optional)
- Chocolates or other treats to put in mug
This is a great "craft" and holiday gift for your child's teacher, a neighbor or family.
We found two coffee mugs for $5 at Marshall's and the cone-shaped gift bags for the hot chocolate (with a snowflake design) came from Michael's. This is a great craft gift to do with your child. My 9-year-old enjoyed putting these together.
- Scoop the hot chocolate into the cone shaped treat bag a little less than 2/3 from the top.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top.
- Tightly twist the top of the bag and use a rubber band or twist tie to close it. If you're working more than a day in advance, I'd recommend the rubber band or even taping the top to ensure freshness.
- Take a ribbon and tie around the top to look pretty and put in a mug. Add some chocolates or other treats.
- For a little more holiday cheer, you can put the mug and hot chocolate in a plastic gift bag (as seen above) and then tie a ribbon and gift tag to it.